Thursday, July 19, 2007

I <3 Ricky Gervais


I just have to gush for a moment about Ricky Gervais. This week, Kathy Griffin took her staff to London for a press tour. If you haven't seen Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List but you like Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan), comedy or reality shows about celebs, definitely check her out on Bravo. I'm sure some people think she is obnoxious and she kind of is but I love it and her! She did quite well in the UK which was great to see.

Now, back to Ricky. He was hilarious on the D-List and it made me want to dedicate an entry to him. Ricky, if you don't know, created The Office in the UK (along with Stephan Merchant), and then here in the US. I heard that there is a German version now as well. He also stars in and created Extras, another funny, brilliant show. Additionally, he is on tour with a one man comedy show that is selling out all over the UK which he somehow had time to create while starring in Night at the Museum and Stardust (Note: can't wait to see this one!!!).

What's next? On Ricky's website, he and Stephen Merchant talk about the Extras special that is due to be released near Christmas. I'm looking forward to that and think I might finally need to get HBO so I can catch it! Like they did with The Office (BBC version), they are only doing Extras for two short seasons and a special. My hope is also that Ricky will bring his UK show to The States. If not, I might be due for a trip across The Pond. Ricky is a fantastic comedian whom I greatly respect and I wanted to give him a shout out here. BTW -- I also think he's pretty cute.

Thank you to Ricky and Kathy. Because of you, I'm having a laugh!

No comments: