Monday, July 02, 2007

Ratatouille = Delicious

Pixar films tend to always entertain me and the film I saw today, Ratatouille, is no exception. The story itself was so creative, the characters so fun and the setting (Paris, oui?) so great that I couldn't help but enjoy Ratatouille as much as I enjoy saying the title itself. This was the 3rd movie I've seen with my little nephew and though he did find the dark parts a little frightening and sitting for nearly 2 hours a little tedious, I can say that even the littlest critics will enjoy the story of the little chef and narrator of the film, Remy who happens to be a rat. :)

I saw the film at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood which made for a unique experience. Prior to the show there was entertainment including and organist playing Disney tunes and then a live mini-show featuring Disney characters and human chefs singing a medley if Disney favorites. It was a lot of fun for the young and not-so-young. I recommend checking out a Disney movie at that theater sometime.

The Pixar short film that preceded Ratatouille (That is so fun to say, right? Not as fun to spell though!) was Lifted, their most recent Academy Award nominee. I saw this one earlier this year when I viewed all of the nominated shorts and was glad to get to see it again. It is a great little film and I hope precedes Ratatouille at all screenings rather than just at the El C.

Pack up the kids if you have 'em, or go enjoy it yourself but definitely beat the summer sun's heat and step into the kitchen to see my new favorite rat, Remy, in this summer's surefire hit, Ratatouille!

No comments: