Thursday, November 08, 2007

WGA

Writers are on strike in Hollywood and in the face of reality TV and new media, they are fighting for the present and the future. For more information on the strike and to support the WGA, visit United Hollywood. In an unprecedented motion of solidarity SAG and the Teamsters have joined the WGA on the picket line rather than moved across.

I have viewed many episodes of my favorite shows online in recent months because I haven't been able to capture them on Tivo or because I don't have the channel they're on. My commitment is to stop until the writers are getting paid. If we all stop viewing, the advertisers will have no reason to buy time on the websites and in a small gesture we can help the writers be heard. I hope to be one of them one day and I stand behind them.

There are many videos posted by wgaamerica and at the site above. Check out the stars and writers supporting each other including members of The Office, Scrubs and Grey's. Here is one of the best in my opinion, Garry Marshall:

No comments: