Thursday, November 01, 2007

Torre's a Dodger!


Just released in the Dodgers Newsletter:

The Los Angeles Dodgers announced today that Joe Torre has been named the club's field manager through the 2010 season. Torre becomes the 26th manager in franchise history.

"Joe Torre is one of the most respected men in the game of baseball," said Dodger Owner and Chairman Frank McCourt. "As we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Dodgers moving to Los Angeles, we will again have a Hall of Fame caliber manager at the helm. Joe's dedication, desire and ability will help lead the Dodgers to our ultimate goal - a World Championship."

This is pretty exciting for a life-long Dodger fan. I don't really follow sports other than baseball and since 1999 I haven't followed it very closely but if a Dodger game is on I'll catch part of it and my fondest childhood memories take place mostly at Dodger Stadium so this new excites me.

No comments: