Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sundance Twenty-Ten, Prequel

It was a total fiasco getting to Park City, UT from San Diego today. After proudly booking a flight yesterday and then switching to get the earlier flight that I wanted, I thought everything was great. I was even on time to pick up my friend Amy.

Well, we got to the airport and checked in and when it was time to board, found out our flight was delayed. Within an hour, the flight was cancelled. In fact, all Southwest flights were cancelled at that moment. Then, an hour later, just as we were ready to fork out some cash to Delta, our flight was going to board.

3 hours and 2 Bloody Mary's in, we were ready to go.

Then upon approaching Las Vegas to connect to SLC, we were told we had to circle Vegas but not land. Round and round we went until we spun off to Reno for a refuel. Recall the statement above about the Delta flight? It was a direct flight but I digress.

Reno added an hour to the trip by the time we got fuel and de-iced. It was a bumpy flight back to Vegas with the highlight being plane-shaped graham crackers that were also known as lunch.

So, that Delta flight...we would have been in Salt Lake City instead of Reno...next time, I think I'll just pay the difference. One of those things we couldn't have known before!

Back in Vegas we got a 5 minute reprieve from the seats that had held us close for
4 hours.

Finally, around 8pm, we were in our hotel in Park City. It took 13 hours from the time we arrived at SAN to the time we arrived at our hotel.

Opening Night Party didn't happen. We had the chance to get tickets but it we also didn't feel to well.

I did meet a film critic for US Weekly in the lobby which was awesome. I would love to write and get paid for it. I would love to be an expert on film and to have a job that required it.

Tomorrow, it's on! Movies, movies, movies. We have tickets and we're ready to go.

The Dance is starting...

No comments: