Saturday, May 21, 2011

Adele at the Beacon Theatre

Adele only surprised some people when her new album went to number one and probably when it made them cry at even the 8th listen in a row. She did not surprise me. I will never forget the first time I saw the video for Chasing Pavements and how I had to hear more and had to have her first album. I remember vividly the joy of seeing her a couple of years ago at the Hollywood Bowl. And now, I am overjoyed that I had the opportunity to see her again, this time in NYC at the Beacon Theatre.

Adele is a powerhouse. Even when she says her voice is hoarse, she takes it to church and takes the entire audience with her. Boyfriends - this is one concert that you won't regret having to take your girlfriend to even with Adele's sardonic references to her song-inspiring ex and the fact that your girlfriend will be a boy-hater for the next 4 minutes and 36 seconds, you will still be happy that you are there to hear it.

I recommend this even to a friend or anyone I don't know that can appreciate such a talent. I might take a moment to review her album shortly as I adore it but also have feelings about each song. If you haven't listened to 21 yet, I recommend you buy it and do so as soon as you can!

No comments: