Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Oscar noms and bruises...

So, what do the two have to do with each other? Nothing other than they are both on my mind.

I've been told that my blog doesn't contain enough interesting information...about me. Well, that's because it seems that when I share too much, I just get hurt. I end up with bruises, evidence of pain and evidence of injury. Right now, my mind and heart are bruised. You can't see the bruises because they are inside, but sometimes you can tell they're there by the look on my face or my gait or my words. I'll get over it soon. I've said it enough times now to almost believe it. If you didn't guess, I liked someone who, as it turns out, didn't like me, even more than I realized.

Sometimes I think that if I knew even the ugliest truth about why things didn't work out, I'd feel better. Sometimes I think that my imaginings about why are much worse than anything I could hear. Sometimes I think that I just don't need to know. I've been told that it will only take time. I've been told "be careful what you wish for." I think it is dangerous to learn the truth and it's telling would require more bravery than the man possesses. I must be patient with time and let time make these bruises go away.

A couple of weeks ago, my knees, back and ego were bruised after snowboarding. Those bruises have disappeared and I'll be back on a board in another couple of weeks. It may take more time than that to be "back in the game" so to speak, but I guess that will happen eventually too. I've never really been in the game before and hardly got off the bench, but you never know when you'll really get to play.

Sometimes I really hate metaphors, especially when they go to far.

On to the Oscars

Just my quick 2 cents: The nominations came out on Tuesday morning, bright and early, and this was a great year for film. "Brokeback Mountain" led the pack in the major categories and deservedly. The impact of that film, on me, has increased over time and I almost want to go see it again before the awards. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is my number one for Best Actor but it is a tough category. I have my fingers crossed. "Munich" was nominated for Best Picture, I feel as mostly a courtesy to the director. My opinion of it hasn't gotten more favorable and it most likely won't. Tune in on Sunday March 5th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo Woo! Go Brokeback Mountain...

Hi guuuuuuuys. ;-)