Monday, February 27, 2006

Snow

My knees and elbows are bruised after this weekend. I'm sore and tired. Yesterday I could barely move. Yes, you've guessed right...I've been snowboarding. I'm not a sports person and not a particularly coordinated person so I'm actually surprised that I enjoy snowboarding so much but I do find it exhilarating as well as scary, fun and overall just a cool thing to do. I own my own board which is something I never thought I'd do but by the time I rent 6 times this season I almost have it paid for and then there is next season as well.

So, am I any good? I think I'm not too bad. I can't turn but did make some improvements over the past couple of days. The first time I went out was about a month ago and by the day's end, I could only go down the hill "toe side" meaning I was facing uphill the entire time. That is not exactly safe and not the best way to see the amazing views around Big Bear. After days 2 and 3 of my snowboarding career, I can go down the hill "heel side" as well. I still can't turn, mostly due to fear, which is detrimental but not the end of the world. I'm going again this week and hope to get the turning thing down. Mammoth is next after that so I hope to be well rehearsed and highly skilled by then.

Have a great week!

No comments: