Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ten-Year (2)

I attended my 10 year high school reunion this past weekend and frankly don' t know what I had ever worried about. It was a silly event and in all wasn't worth my time. Since I can't get my time back, I'll spend a few more moments on the subject to give you the highlights:

Hired Dates: Yes, 2 guys did indeed hire dates to accompany them. This is not speculation but the truth. Twin brothers from my class showed up with 2 very hot (dirty hot, not cute or pretty or believable) girls. The first this I said to my best friend was, "Looks like the reunion cost them a few hundred more than it did us." I knew they weren't really with these guys because they were dating. Turns out, I was right as confirmed by one of the girls.

Boring Night = Discovery: A decision was made by about 20 of the 30 reunion attendees to go to a local restaurant bar for an after-party/party. We were bored at the reunion and wanted to have some fun. It was early so we all headed over. Turns out that one of the twins' dates was already scheduled to report to the same restaurant shortly afterwards to start her shift...in a cage...as a dancer. All I'm thinking here is, "I'm your private dancer, dancer for money..." Too bad for the guy that she was not so private and in fact he had been found out. He paid a lot of money for no exclusivity.

Drugs: One guy told me he had been to rehab 6 times since leaving high school. I looked him over carefully and he was for sure a guy and not Lindsey Lohan just playing a joke by crashing the party. In addition to this guy, one of the kindest people (no one had a bad thing to say about him, sincerely) from my class seems to have turned into a major party-guy and I think he was hopped up on something when he arrived and immediately bought a round of shots before even looing around to see who was in the room. It was sad to see and I wish both of them better health in the next 10 years.


That's about all. It was a non-event when all was said and done and I really wish more people hand been there or the thing had been cancelled because the event wasn't worth the $100 and the time. I did get to hang with two of my best friends which was a good thing but overall, the 10 year reunion is truly a waste of time.

At least I don't feel as bad about myself now. I actually felt pretty good because I wasn't the biggest and wasn't the least accomplished both of which were fears I had going in.

Until 2017! (or tomorrow)

2 comments:

mike devlin said...

i kid you not, I think that rehab guy was in rehab with my brother. Turns out they dated the same girl back in the day too. We'll have to compare notes. I didn't realize you were 1997. We probably know some of the same people. By brother was class of 1997 at Hart, but a lot of his friends went to Valencia for the last two years.

Anonymous said...

you're so funny. i just found out one of my redneck relatives turned out to be a crackhead. this is the side of the family i don't associate with.