Monday, June 25, 2007

The Police and Podcasts

The Police show was brilliant. Ok, I may be exaggerating slightly but I had a fantastic time, the guys sounded great and they brought a killer opening act with them. I'm not talking about Sting's son's band. They were the Opening Opening Act. I'm talking about the Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl and company brought excellent energy, enthusiasm and a nice catalog of songs with them rocking a semi-impressive crowd before The Police took the stage. Grohl even ran through the crowd at one point. Among the hits FF played was "Hero" which was dedicated to The Police.

The Police were great musically and vocally. Sting has not lost much when it comes to his voice and the other harmonizing hasn't fallen victim to passing time either. As musicians all three guys were impressive. Stewart Copeland has the respect of many in his industry for his playing and producing, deservedly so. I don't know much about Andy other than I've never been too attracted to him in any capacity. He was great and a pleasure to watch play during guitar close-ups on the big screen. Speaking of the big screen, I didn't find myself staring at it as often as I have at other big shows that have found me sitting a distance from the stage. I was enthralled I supposed and glanced at the screen from time to time, usually when Sting's biceps were seen, but mostly kept my attention on the music and towards the stage. It was an amazing time.

I didn't get to interview The Police, but I do have two new music interviews up on piratepods.com. Check out my alter-ego's interviews with Thrice lead-singer Dustin Kensrue and also up and coming band The New Atlantic in the music section of the site.

Good evening to you!

No comments: