Friday, March 21, 2008

FAT to SAN via LAX, GMAB!

A funny thing happened on the way to San Diego...not really funny or even important but I love starting off sentences that way. This is a rant. I am at LAX waiting over an hour to board a plane to San Diego. I have travelled many places lately and this has been the most annoyed I have been.

Why? Well, I had this layover in a horrible terminal. It is the American Eagle terminal to be precise. I decided to take a shuttle to a different terminal to go get food or coffee or something. I was told that was permissible.

I get my Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte (that's my signature drink) and a Cinnamon Scone (I like them but hate scones generally) and go back to the shuttle.

"Um, you can't take that on the shuttle."
"What?"
"Um, you can't take that. Your drink. That has to go."
"Ugggh. Really?"
"Yeah. You can sit here and enjoy it though."
"I have a flight to catch."
"Oh, let me see your boarding pass...yeah, you better get that shuttle."
"That shuttle," I point.
"Yes."

I had to toss the full coffee before taking one sip. It was a sacrifice greater than you may imagine. The latte that is normally $3.85 at an outside store is $5 at the airport.

I grudgingly walk towards the shuttle. When I arrive at the terminal, it is the wrong terminal. That little twerp told me to get on the wrong shuttle!!!

Now I am back at the right terminal waiting to board a flight that will get me home in just 30 minutes less time than it would have taken me to make the drive at this point. At least I'd allow a beverage in my vehicle!

Happy Easter to everyone!

No comments: