Saturday, August 02, 2008

John Mayer Goes Topless

I've been in Dallas for a copule of weeks and last night, on my final night here, I got to see John Mayer in concert. It was my third time seeing him, the first being after the release of "Room for Squares" back when I really did think I'd like to run through the halls of my high school too.

It was a great show and it is unbelievable to me that Mayer has become the guitarist he has. He's learned to play the guitar so well, far beyond most popsters and I think is carving out a place for himself in the blues-rock genre. He is no Jack White (missing the darkness, quirkiness and rawness) but he's an outstanding performer and I looked forward to his guitar solos as much as I did hearing my favorite songs.

Summer is almost over but if you happen to have the chance, definitely catch this tour.

Oh, and what does the title mean? John Mayer has also been working out to the point where he didn't even bother with a shirt. He was lucky actually because the weather in Dallas his hot and humid and he was wearing what everyone probably wished they could be wearing. He looked great and I thought I'd mention that too.

No comments: