Monday, September 11, 2006

When in Rome...

Well, we are not quite in Rome yet but on our way there this morning. I have a couple of minutes on the net at the hotel so need to make it quick. We are staying at the Hotel Scandanavia which I renamed as the Hotel Skandalnavia last night at dinner...nothing scandalous has happened here though so dont think this blog is going to be anything other than family friendly. It was a premature renaming to say the least.

I can say that my travel mates do not yet know something you may actually find out first. I had an allergic reaction to some Tea Tree Oil blemish treatment Swang gave me last night befor bed for a blemish just above my upper lip and now that part of my face is swollen. If I had any trouble with my appearance before, I certainly have a new perspective on how I could look. Hopefully i can get to a farmacia for some Benedryl sometime today. Or, I may consider buying a carnivale mask on my way out of Venice. I dont look awful but my lip is pretty swollen and feels that way as well. Basically, the left half of my face is very Lisa Rinna. Though tempting, I wont pull a Suri Cruise and not appear in photographs until Annie Leibowitz decides to snap pictures. I will just make sure there are no close ups. If anyone asks...Erin beat me up again!

Anyway, yesterday I actually held a 2 birds in Piazza San Marco. It was a little scary but pretty cool and fufilled a wish to become a crazy bird lady in st. marks square. not a wish but just a thought that it would be cool. for those who dont know, there are probably 500 or more pigeons in the square and people buy bird seed for 1 euro to get the birds to climb on them. i just held out my arm for a few minutes and got one to land. did it again because a picture came out blurry and another landed.

Look out Rome...we are on our way.

Later.

2 comments:

Dan Bodenheimer said...

Have you watched Roman Holiday on DVD lately?

If the anti-histimines don't work, I'd recommend having a doctor check for something you caught from the birds? Dangerous birds!

Rabiah said...

I dont think I have ever seen Roman Holiday actually. Will have to check that out.