Thursday, May 17, 2007

American Idol: A Tale of 2 Singers

I know, I know...I've been MIA for a little while. Work. That's the reason. Anyway, I can't yet somehow I can believe that Blake and Jordin are the final two Idol contestants. Melinda should be up there in a face-off with Jordin. That would have been interesting and a good battle royale because they are both strong-voiced, beautiful women who show a genuine passion for singing itself. Jordin has a dramatic flair that gives her an edge on ballads and Melinda had developed a sass that shows up on the upbeat numbers--a new confidence she learned on Idol. It would have been something. But, Melinda is no more and that is too bad. It seems possible that this is the result of a "3rd-party candidate" factor where 2 people likely to have similar fan bases saw their votes split up.

Enter Blake. I do really like Blake and I would go see him perform and buy an album because I think he is creative, comes up with great jams and is a hottie to boot. I don't want to discount his talent when I praise the 2 girls. It is just a different talent. I don't think he has the best singing voice though it is good and his beat-boxing is amazing. I am interested to see how he performs next week when it is very possible that any beat-boxing at all could kill him and the songs are unfamiliar to anyone at all.

Good luck to Jordin and to Blake.

No comments: