Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pirates

There is a lot going on with Pirates lately and in case you hadn't heard here are a few things happening in their world:

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 has been released. I finally saw the 2nd one and was over the moon when Geoffrey Rush suddenly appeared at the end! Very cool. I wasn't too excited about seeing the third until I saw the 2nd and that delicious cliff-hanger happened. I know that first part, that I wasn't excited to see the 3rd until the 2nd may not make sense but there are some cases where seeing the previous movie is not a requirement for my excitement about a coming attraction. Oceans 13 is an example. George Clooney = Excited Filmgoer Rabiah

Piratepods.com: This is a webzine I work for. I get to live part of a dream as a journalist and there is great hope that this will take off one day. All of the pirates who work for the 'zine are in love with it so the passion is there. My latest interviewees: Josh Kelley and Third Eye Blind. I actually met Third Eye Blind in person...all of them. The drummer, Brad Hargreaves, is the person I interviewed but after the show I met everyone. Too cool. It was on of those Rock 'n Roll fantasies that came true. I just edited the interviews yesterday and they'll be up this weekend.

Pirate RC: That's my pirate alias!

Talk Like a Pirate Day: an actual big deal in England but you can make it happen where you are too...Sept 19.

Pirate Clothing: Skull and Crossbones fashions were supposed to be soooo last season but ultra-cool Jack Sparrow is keeping this style going.

Arrrrrrrgh!

No comments: