Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Mountain Dave

David Letterman is back and he says about the writers' strike, "bottom-line, the writers are sick of buying their own pencils."''

Dave got to bring his writers back after negotiating a special deal with the guild and it is wonderful to see him, strike beard and all. It is only a few minutes into the show but I'm already relieved to see something new on TV.

As we near May sweeps and awards season, I hope the writers are able to work things out soon. They deserve the money and the recognition for what they do and it is time they get their due. It's scary to think of what lame reality show or game show is going to come out next. Also, who doesn't miss the Daily Show?!? I'm back to watching the news now, in order to get the news. Outrageous!

I'm tired and have little else to say so I'll struggle to stay awake through Dave's opening and first guest (Robin Williams!) before I doze off.

No comments: