Thursday, January 03, 2008

Say


John Mayer's new hit, "Say" is one I can't stop playing and will probably over play by tomorrow morning but I love the lyric and also the tune. The song was written for the new Rob Reiner vehicle, The Bucket List, featuring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman (due out on January 11--not soon enough for me).

I've been thinking about my "bucket list" a lot lately and the Mayer song is pushing me even harder to get cracking. Here are the lyrics:

Take all of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so-called problems,
Better put 'em in quotations

Say what you need to say [x8]

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you'd be better off instead,
If you could only ...

Say what you need to say [x8]

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end
Its better to say too much
Then never to say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say [x24]

No comments: