Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Rumor Has It

No, I don't have the latest on Nick and Jessica or even the latest scoop on myself--this is essentially another film review. I'm the new Ebert if you will (not a Roeper fan myself). My mom and I, plus anyone else in the familiy who wants to, see a movie on Christmas night and this year our pick was "Rumor Has It". I have to say I was a little disappointed with this one. I thought it was going to be great because the story sounded fun, Shirley Maclaine is a favorite of mine and Rob Reiner was at the helm. When I say great, I don't mean Academy Award winning groudbreaking great, but I can get this on DVD and watch it over and over anytime just to feel good great. It ended up being kind of..."eh". If you were thinking of seeing it at all, I'd say it is a rental. The best parts are those with Shirley Maclaine spouting off one-liners and those are just as effective on the small screen I'd suspect. I'm further losing confidence in Jennifer Aniston's ability to carry a big screen film. She seems better on the small screen as part of an ensemble. If you loved it and disagree, that's good, it just didn't capture me.

I have two more films that I've seen since Christmas and will be writing up reviews of those. Sometime, we may also get to other subjects but for now I'll continue with these writings.

No comments: