Wednesday, March 28, 2007

American Idol Top 10 Results


I wrote this up a little while ago and the post didn't go through so this is a toned down version. Like Simon, after seeing Sanjaya's hair, I didn't have much to say. I pretty much feel the same about everyone as I did last week except that my empathy towards Sanjaya has now faded and I feel more strongly in my negativity to Phil's looks. Phil has a good voice but I just can't really look at the guy. I don't get why he said he looks better bald but then keeps wearing hats over his bald head. The hats look odd. As far as Sanjaya goes, the Mohawk was just weird and the look he has on his face when the judges talk to him is almost maniacal. I can't figure out if the look was Sanjaya's fault or the hair guy's fault. Either way, please, I beg you, stop voting for him. Close down the call center. Do whatever it takes! (haha--it is a little dramatic but that was fun to write about American Idol...take that passion and apply it to Global Warming or something too, ok?) I know it isn't a hair war but a singing competition but hair is a big deal to me and I really don't get these guys.

Enough about hair but then speaking of hair, fro-friendly Chris Sligh was kicked off the show tonight after fans decided that Sanjaya didn't even deserve to be in the bottom 3. What does this have to do with Sanjaya? Nothing really but I think there is a conspiracy that is allowing him through and frankly there are so many better singers in the competition, as the weeks go on, his presence in the competition is becoming more and more of a hindrance.

I think it was too early for Chris to go though I also think that he would not have made it to the Top 2. Sanjaya, Hayley, Phil and Gina (though I do like having the rocker-chick around) could all have gone before Chris. It isn't the biggest shock of the season and over the next few weeks the other 4 I named should be leaving unless sohttp://www2.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifmething unexpected happens.

In case you missed any of the performances this week, here you go thanks you a great youtube poster:


Lakisha Jones

Chris Sligh and Gina Glocksen

Blake Lewis and Jordin Sparks


Hayley Scarnato & Sanjaya Malakar


Phil Stacey and Melinda Doolittle

Chris Richardson

No comments: