Thursday, March 22, 2007

Be a Saint


I've had a few French readers in the past and from time to time make interesting connections so hopefully this will be a time when something can happen.

Here’s your context: A friend runs a very comprehensive website about "The Saint" aka Simon Templar who is essentially a gentleman thief. TNT is developing a show featuring The Saint. You may remember the 1997 film “The Saint” featuring Val Kilmer. Don’t expect the show to be like the movie. I’ve read a few of the stories and other than title the movie wasn’t really about the character the author created. A previous TV series from the 19600's starring Roger Moore is a portrayal more celebrated by fans. Anyway, the development of this series by TNT has has accelerated the timeline on a project my friend is working on. Please read below and if you can help him out, or know someone who could, please do and tell him I sent you!

From The Saint Blog:

With the upcoming TNT series of The Saint currently in pre-production, I suddenly have a deadline to finish the print version of The Saintly Bible -- The Exhaustive Bibliography of the Immortal Works of Leslie Charteris and his Saint Books.

To that end, I need to quickly get copies of a number of the French Saint Detective Magazines that I am missing from my collection. Please view the last section at the very end of my want list, and let me know if you can offer any assistance. I'm not reposting all the numbers here, as then I'd have to maintain my want list in two places.

Jean-Marc Lofficier has a great site dedicated to the Saint novels in French, and it is sadly missing a detailed section on The Saint Detective Magazine. He and I have already scanned eBay and ABE Books for the missing issues, and need your help in finding other sources.

No comments: