Wednesday, March 21, 2007

American Idol Top 11 Perform

This will be a little less comprehensive than other installations but nonetheless, I hope you enjoy. American Idol introduced most of the contestants to '60's Brit Pop this week with their "British Invasion" theme. Talents Lulu and Peter Noone were on hand to coach the girls and the guys respectfully. Noone and Cowell seemed a bit at odds during the show but you never know when the drama on AI is just "Hollywood".

The "Yo! Factor" concept Randy is clinging too still annoys me and Randy mentioned it again tonight. I get "X-Factor" and "Wow Factor" but I'm not down with the "Yo" yet.

I will give a review of the contestants but first, what was up with the crying girl? If you didn't watch, there was a girl in the audience who was crying nearly non-stop and appeared to show an odd level of fanaticism for unfortunate Sanjaya. It was just bizarre. It was painful to watch her every time she was in a shot and I wondered if she was all there. I don't want to say anymore in case there is something wrong with her.

Anyway, how did they do tonight? Before the results show, here is what I think:

Gina Glocksen: For some reason, I was able to guess the song she was going to sing before it was announced. Rocker-chick Gina performed "Painted Black", a favorite Rolling Stones song of mine. She was criticized but I really enjoyed it.

Blake Lewis: My favorite guy! He was great again to night in a very sexy performance. He threw in some beat boxing but is wise to do so in moderation. His dancing was subtle and still, off-the-hook. How can he not be through to the Top 10? He is the best guy in my humble opinion.

Chris Richardson: He sang his song quite well and showed skill in choosing a slower song but similar to Justin Timberlake, I prefer when he does some upbeat numbers. He'll stay through next week.

Chris Sligh: Chris had his glasses back on this week which was a good look that he definitely should stick with. He continues to be solid though he has gotten less and less exciting for me to watch.

Haley Scarnato: Haley had a good time with "Tell Him" and had a good time with a skimpy wardrobe too. Simon was a little randy after her performance and Randy was right there with him. I think she'll be through, for her legs if not for her voice.

Jordin Sparks: This girl is an amazing talent. I loved her song and her performance was very moving and she is one of the only people on the show who actually appears to "feel" her songs and really deliver the words like she means it.


Lakisha Jones: She is consistently good and this week her rendition of "Diamonds Are Forever" was no exception. Simon was unhappy with her look but I thought she looked great and in fact, better than usual. She should get through.

Melinda Doolittle: This is another very consistent girl who will give the boys a run for their money.

Phil Stacey: I do not enjoy seeing Phil. There, I said it. I really want him off the show...along with Sanjaya.

Sanjaya Malakar: I admit, Sanjaya was pretty good this evening, but I still can't really stand to look at him or even listen to him overall.

Soon, we'll be down to 10 as the results come in tomorrow night!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I cringed every time they showed that crying girl. It was torture for me & I can't believe how much they focused on her! I thought Sanjaya's performance was a train wreck. He wasn't even singing, just saying the words. I can't believe he's still on the show! He's a cute, sweet guy, but "this is a singing competition"!
Phil was awful too. But thanks to digital technology, that was easily remedied.
I basically agree with everything you said, although I didn't really enjoy Gina or Chris S. I usually like her, but his lisp bothers me too much to let it go.

Rabiah said...

Yeah...the fact that it is a singing competition is a problem for Mr. Malakar. He actually showed personality this time which is why I thought he wasn't bad. Chris S. has a lisp too and it is annoying as well. I don't think he or Gina will make it to the end. I'm still shocked that I didn't include Stephanie in this entry. So strange.