Wednesday, March 21, 2007

To Stephanie Edwards, With Love


Spoiler Alert: if you read any further or read into the subject line, you will learn who was kicked off American Idol tonight.

American Idol was a jaw-dropper this evening when Chris "Justin Timberlake" Richardson was in the bottom two. The other person, Stephanie Edwards, is definitely one of the Top 6 singers on the show and now she is gone.

Seriously, who is voting for Sanjaya Malakar and once they are done, who is left to vote for Phil Stacey? I can't believe that these guys are still on. I'd go on because a couple of the girls could go too but I've said enough about this. Sanjaya isn't actually that awful so much as he is young. He needs confidence and strength in his voice. It has to be tough to try to build that part of yourself in front of millions of people. I have to say that because I think I've been a little hard on him. Phil--I don't like him and my opinion that he should go stands. Regarding Stephanie, I didn't think she was going to win but I thought she would have gotten farther. From now forward, if you care to see someone move forward to the next week, it is not the time to be passive. This is a call to action! :)

Ok, maybe that is a little zealous, I admit it. But, this potential upset was a near miss and may be a premonition for the biggest Idol upset yet. It is going to be an interesting season!

Here is your Top 10:

Blake Lewis
Chris Richardson
Chris Sligh
Gina Glocksen
Haley Scarnato
Jordin Sparks
Lakisha Jones
Melinda Doolittle
Phil Stacey
Sanjaya Malakar

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You didn't list Stephanie in your review below.

Rabiah said...

Weird. It was as though I knew...definitely not on purpose.