Monday, March 26, 2007

Wake up, Maggie...


Rod Stewart, even at 62, can still rock and bring a crowd to their feet. From his old classics like “Maggie May” and “Every Picture Tells a Story” to other more recent cover songs, the Rod Stewart catalog makes for an evening of singing and dancing and even a little reflecting (“Reason to Believe” and Cat Stevens’ “Father and Son” and even "Maggie May" will do that to you). He’s a little toned down, even with regards to wardrobe, than he used to be and his voice is a little less strong but when Stewart took the stage at Cox Arena in San Diego Saturday night, none of that mattered. He still brought enthusiasm and a bit of a Brit Football rebel attitude and humor with him and the overall enthusiastic crowd was ready for him.

I was so lucky to have 2nd row seats and to see Rod up close as he made it around to our side of the stage periodically. The picture shown here was taken with my cell phone. I wish I had brought my regular camera but when the ticket says “No cameras”, I take it seriously.

Basically, just wanted to give Rod Stewart, one of my favorite guys, a shout-out and that’s all I have to say about that.

No comments: