Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Idol Surprises

"Idols Give Back" was truly a remarkable television event. Though it was sensational in parts and definitely used music to manipulate the emotions, at some point no manipulation was needed for the reaction to certain video clips to be emotional and true. Seeing extreme poverty at home and in Africa, and seeing people dying or in pain, and knowing that the $3.80 I spent on a latte today could save someone else's life such as a child that has Malaria made me want to give and also made me cry. It was a great show and an unprecidented amount of money will be raised by the end of the night. For all of the American Idol haters, the show took a socially responsible stance tonight and for those who watched provided much to think about. So far over $30 million has been raised to help children in the U.S. and Africa. I've raised almost $2000 for the MS Walk through generous friends and that has take a lot of time but is something I'm proud of. I can't imagine the pride that comes from raising $30M.

My first surprise of the night was the impact of "Idols Give Back".

The second surprise was the final results portion of the show. It seemed that it was between Jordin and Chris. I was shocked when it seemed that Jordin was kicked off but then Ryan announced that no one would be kicked off this week. Next week, the bottom 2 will be gone. It was cruel thing to do to Jordin, to make her think she was done, but it is great that she'll have another chance. Next week, voting iwill be very important since this week's votes count towards next week's totals and 2 will be gone.

I don't have a review this week and still hold the opinion that the Top 4 should be Melinda, Jordin, La Kisha and Blake. I have a feeling that next week will be an upset for me. I don't want Chris gone but in order for me to be right, he and Phil will have to go.

Have a good week and if you didn't have a chance, now is your opportunity to make a difference in others' lives. Go to www.americanidol.com/idolgivesback and donate or if you are interested, I am also still raising money for MS and you can check out my MS Walk page by clicking here.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Chris Richardson forever!